Xiaomi Air2 (Xiaomi Mi AirDots Pro 2) TWS Earphone Deap Teardown | Hifigo
Xiaomi Air 2 (Xiaomi Mi AirDots Pro 2) supports LHDC Bluetooth decoding technology, resulting in higher HD sound quality. It is selling at US$79.99 at Hifigo. As Xiaomi's second-generation true wireless Bluetooth headset, the Xiaomi Air 2 has been upgraded in many ways. So what's the structure inside Xiaomi Air 2 TWS and is it worth to buy? Let's take a look.
1. Unboxing of Xiaomi Air 2 TWS
Parameters, manufacture, Build-in smart assistant Xiaoai.
All in the box.
Type A - Type C cable close-up
Red LED: Charging
White LED : Full
Build-in spindle design for the cover and case connection.
2 second pressing for paring.
Microphone for calling at the bottom
Microphone for noise cancelation on top.
Pressure relief hole
Sound hole with metal net cover.
range sensor close-up
Sound hole with metal net cover.
Charging testing: charging current is 0.431A
40.9g for charging case
9.3g for two earbuds
2. Teardown of Mi Air 2 TWS charging case
The case fixed with glue
The magnets for earbuds fixing and charging case cover fixing.
BN26V Hall chip close up
Micro button close-up
Separate the main board and the case.
Close-up of the charging case main board.
Battery on the other side. 250mAh，0.93Wh，3.7V/4.2v。
Close-up of components side of main board.
Back side of main board
Micron button fixed by metal for durability
cKBHA boost IC + 2x 4612 ACYO IC
Power supply management IC.
overcurrent protection IC WS3210
HOLTEX HT50F32002 32bit chip
3. Teardown of Mi Air 2 TWS earbuds
Microphone for noise cancelation calling.
Speaker connected to the main board with FPC
The composite diaphragm dynamic unit of earbud
Two layers structure on top of earbud
Close up of the two layers separated.
Dust-proof mask and Infrared light sensor nonopaque mask
Sensor to detect the earbuds wearing status
Magnet for charging fix
FPC connects the speakers to the main board.
Socket for the FPC
The microphone for calling at bottom
94916 printed and SMT to the PCB.
rubber ring for good leakproofness.
z93K49 ANC microphone on top and IC with AD8 printed.
Battery main board and two microphone total .
Supporting structure with the white plastic part
Rigid-flex PCB board structure
The big size Bluetooth antenna
The ic of Mi AirDots Pro 2 with QR code is an accelerometer for the double touching response.
MHE12C IC and 2015CTCCCD30 IC
BES WT230 Bluetooth Chip
4. Verdict of teardown
- Xiaomi Wireless Earphone Air 2 uses a 14.2 mm composite diaphragm moving coil unit, touted to produce deep bass and high-quality stereo audio. The bass is described as rich and full, and the treble, clear and sharp.
- The Xiaomi Wireless Earphone Air 2 box can charge the headset 1hour, the headphones being a total of 14 hours of music playback. The box is like a power bank, the headset and the storage box allow fast charging, the charge for 10 minutes makes it possible to use them for 70 minutes, in an hour we would have the full load with maximum use 4 hours use.
- Each earphone weighs only 4.5g, which is lighter than a coin. The smooth, round body comfortably fixes in your ear for extended periods of time. It is compatible with the waterproof IPX4 protection level.
- The upgraded Xiaomi Air2 (Xiaomi Mi AirDots Pro 2) further upgrades the user experience, taking it off, connecting the pop-up window, tapping the control, and so on, and its entire experience is very similar to that of AirPods. The price of Xiaomi True Wireless Bluetooth headset Air2 is only $79.99, which is 1/3 of that of AirPods. Once again, Air2 has implemented the brand concept of popularizing high-end products, and in this price range, it is a very worthwhile one to buy.