Meizu Hifi pro DAC Amplifier Teardown | Hifigo
Now that 3.5mm headphone output is nearing extinction in smartphones, it's time to start compiling the list for the best USB-C to 3.5mm adapter DACs. Many phones don't even offer analog output anymore on their USB-C output, so the only option is to have a dongle/adapter with a built-in DAC.
Meizu Hifi Pro DAC dongle is the updated version of Meizu Hifi DAC dongle, let's check this baby from Meizu by deep teardown.
1. Meizu HIFI Pro headphone DAC Amplifier Unpacking
Different from the former version white cardboard box, Meizu hifi Pro headphone DAC dongle opts black cardboard which feels high-tech.
iBasso DC02 vs Xduoo Link HD vs Meizu Hifi Pro
Features, specifications, and barcode of Meizu hifi Pro headphone DAC dongle
Hi-Res AUDIO close-up.
Hi-Res Audio is a high-quality audio product design standard developed by JAS (Japan Audio Association) and CEA (Consumer Electronics Association).
Four main features of Meizu hifi Pro headphone DAC dongle
Specifications of Meizu HiFi DAC Pro
Frequency Range: 20Hz-40KHz
Interface Type: Type-C
PCM decoding capability: 32bit / 384kHz
Output load: 16Ω ~ 600Ω
Chip: Cirrus Logic CS43131
Output Power: 30mW dual-channel @32Ω; 6.7mW dual-channel @600Ω
The length of Meizu hifi pro is similar to a name card.
A layer of woven net outside of the cable which is more durable and reliable.
Logo: MEIZU HIFI Audio Pro.
On the back of the plug is a transparent opening through which the internal components can be seen.
2. Disassembly of Meizu HIFI decoder headset PRO USB Type-c End
It has to be destroyed by tools and it cannot be used anymore after teardown.
Take apart the metal case on this side of the USB plug. There is a metal cover inside.
There is a shield over the other side of the circuit board.
A plastic ring in front for fixing the internal plug.
6 welding spots on this side which is very firm.
Remove the metal shell outside the circuit board, there is a shield on the circuit board.
The shell is filled with hard glue to support the positioning and fixing function.
USB type-c interface chip
It is the amplifier chip inside the shielding case.
Two chips: 46L41 and CS43131。
At the top are memory and clock oscillators.
46L41 - CWZR responsible for controlling USB audio input and general audio decoding function; Cirrus Logic CS43131 DAC, brings the Meizu hifi audio pro USB audio adapter supporting 32 bit / 384 kHz PCM decoding ability and DSD64 / DSD128 DSD decoding ability, maximum thrust 2 VRMS, 16 Ω ~ 600 Ω adaptive output load, the chip built-in charge pump, providing the positive and negative voltage, power supply for the built-in headphone amplifier.
Cirrus Logic CS43131 details.
As the shield is welded to the PCB board, we used an electric mill to cut and separate.
Remove the shield. There are two chips inside.
3. Disassembly 3.5mm port of Meizu Hifi Pro
TI LM27762 is used to provide positive and negative voltage output and supply power to OPA1622. The charge pump is built-in with dual voltage regulator and one charge pump. The charge pump works at 2MHz and generates negative voltage.
At 3.5mm interface end, disassemble the outer metal sleeve and metal decoration ring, It is a plastic structure.
When the sleeve is removed from the 3.5mm connector, three metal shrapnel pieces are inside, allowing the four-piece headset to use a microphone and wire control.
Meizu HIFI decoder PRO disassembly list.
4. The verdict of Meizu Hifi Audio Pro DAC Amplifier Teardown
- Meizu HiFi decoding PRO amp on the basis of the built-in decoder, increased OPA1622 amplifying circuit, the audio signal of CS43131 output is amplified again. LM27762 provides low noise of positive and negative power supply for OPA1622, which makes Meizu Hifi pro deliver bigger power and better control and dynamic with an excellent experience.
- With enormous storage even 512G and good decoding capabilities in the flagship processors for Andriod OS smartphones from Qualcomm, there are many ways to access lossless audio sources from smartphones. It is easy to get a pocket HIFI set if you add a small DAC Amplifier baby between your phone and your earphones.