FiiO Releases Firmware Update For M11 Plus & M11 Plus LTD Audio Players
FiiO has released a new firmware update for its latest M11 Plus and M11 Plus LTD music players. With this upgrade, M11 Plus gets updated to the FW1.0.2, and the M11 Plus LTD gets updated to the FW1.0.7 firmware. For all those who don’t know, M11 Plus and M11 Plus LTD are both different daps, the M11 Plus LTD came out before and features AKM Dual DAC Chipset while the M11 Plus is designed with an ESS Dual DAC Chipset. This firmware update brings the same changes on both devices, here’s a list of the changelog for both devices.
Change Log for M11 Plus and M11 Plus LTD with the latest update:-
1. Added a new function to disable battery charging (you can enable it in Settings-Battery).
2. Added a new function to hide the full-screen indicator when using gesture navigation (you can enable it in Settings-Global-System navigation-Gesture navigation).
3. Added a new option to the multifunction button setting: Lock screen/Wake up.
4. Added more timers options for idle power-off settings.
5. Added the option of 'Do not display again' in the pop-up window when the All to DSD function is enabled.
6. Fixed the issue where the white noise might be heard while playing music in Bluetooth transmitting mode.
7. Miscellaneous improvements on performance.
How to upgrade your FiiO M11 Plus and M11 Plus LTD:-
Both the M11 Plus and M11 Plus LTD can easily be upgraded using the same upgrade procedure. Similar to any other Android DAP in the market today, we can upgrade both of them using two different methods, Offline Local Upgrade and Online OTA Update. Here’s your guide for both methods.
Online Firmware Update(OTA):-
>Connect your M11 Plus/M11 Plus LTD to a working Wi-Fi connection.
>An Upgrade notification will pop up in the notification center.
>Tap on it to enter the update menu for the Online Upgrade.
>If your device doesn’t show any update notification, simply go to the “Technical Support” application.
>Click on the “Firmware Upgrade” menu.
>Tap on “Check for updates” to check manually.
>Once found, just confirm the download.
>Your device will now download the update and then ask you for confirmation to begin the installation process.
>After the installation, the device will restart itself.
Offline Firmware Update:-
>Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal storage of your device, or simply to an SD card.
>Go to “Technical Support” on your device.
>Click on “Firmware Upgrade”.
>Tap on “Local Upgrade”.
>Locate the copied .zip file and click on it.
>Device will now ask for your confirmation and begin the installation process.
>Your M11 Plus/M11 Plus LTD will restart itself after the firmware update is complete.
Some Points To Note:-
>Do make sure your device is fully charged before starting the upgrade procedure.
>Do not use your device during the installation wait for it to restart itself after the installation.
>If the device goes into factory mode, not detecting the firmware. This might mean that the downloaded file is damaged. Press and hold down the Power Button until the device reboots itself. Now Re-download the firmware file and restart the update procedure.