Vivo TWS True Wireless Earbuds Deep Teardown | Hifigo
The new launched Vivo TWS, according to the BBK subsidiary, is the first true wireless high-definition sound quality smart headset. The product has been in development in Vivo for more than 2 years and packs a number of advanced and industry-first technology. Let's start to check it with the white version since it is go on sale first.
1.Unpack of Vivo TWS
Very simple pattern on the blue cardboard box.
Vivo TWS, Type-c cable, warranty card and quick start guide included.
Case like a smooth stone. The button is for paring.
Type - c port
Earphones fixed secured in the case.
Case with Vivo TWS earphones weighs 42g.
Case without earphones is 33g.
Two earbuds total weight 9.1g.
The current during charging is 0.42V.
Contactors for charging.
- Double click: Telephone / Music / Translation / Jovi
- Long press: Reject / mute call
- Sliding: adjusting volume
Microphone holes for calling & charging contactors.
Microphone for noise cancelation.
Pressure relief hole with a dust mask
Pressure relief hole with a dust mask
Sound hole with a dust mask
2. Teardown of Vivo TWS earbuds charging case
Three parts of the charging case.
Metal ring at the charging port.
Mainboard and components side close-up.
The other side with the micro button.
The FPC connected to the mainboard.
Hing and magnet
Magnet for earbud and magnets for case.
Hall chip for detecting the case open or not.
Hall chip subboard.
Hall chip with 4D8U
Close-up for battery FPC with foam protected at both sides.
USB Type - C connector FPC socket
Take off the USB type -c board.
The other side of Type-c connector board.
TVS chip on the board for overvoltage protection.
IC with silkscreen S11 958 A583 on Type -C port board .
The information on the battery are covered by the tape.
Information of the Vivo TWS charging case battery.
The battery is made by ATL.
NTC temperature detecting on battery board.
LED indicators are covered by white plastic for soft light.
The paring key close-up .
Mainboard of the charging case .
The other side of mainboard TB016 of the charging case.
Booster ic ,boot battery voltage to earphone voltage.
Nuvoton ML51TB9AE low legency 8051 chip.
3. Teardown of Vivo TWS earbuds
We have to tear them with tools.
IC for Touching and ANC microphone.
Battery with QR code and high-temperature resistant tap.
S2371 5417 Microphone for calling at the bottom of the earbud.
The magnet metal material for fixing with the case.
Speaker connected with FPC.
The 14.2mm large dynamic driver with fiber composite diaphragm and fine copper sound ring.
Two layers of the earbud case and they are connected with FPC to the earphone mainboard.
Teardown the two layers of the case, capacitive sensing FPC inside.
Another capacitive sensing FPC at the other side of case.
The two capacitive sensing FPCs are for detective earbuds worn or not.
Mainboard are connected by FPC with many parts.
S2371 5176 ANC microphone. and there is a touch sensing FPC on the back of the Microphone.
The FPCs = two capacitive sensing FPC + touch sensing FPC
The other side of FPC.
Mainboard area, connecting with BlueTooth antenna, microphone and charging part.
The other side , battery and the charging contacts.
Teardown the mainboard.
The independent Bluetooth antenna in metalize plastic material for more gain and better connection.
The other side of the antenna.
Bluetooth antenna clip on the mainboard.
Teardown the battery of earbuds.
MIC-POWER dia. 8mm x 6.3mm, 3.7V，0.111Wh lithium battery.
The other side of the mainboard.
Accelerometer with QR code for double-clicking response.
Goodix GH610/611 solution
GH610/611 System frame.
Qualcomm QCC5126 flagship Bluetooth chip.
4. Vertical of the teardown of Vivo TWS
- Vivo TWS Earbuds have a built-in 14.2mm large sound driver that supports apt X and AAC high-definition audio decoding technology.
- The Vivo TWS is the first to feature the flagship Qualcomm QCC5126 wireless chip with a dual-core CPU architecture. The chip delivers up to a 100% increase in performance while the memory performance also increased by 300% relative to the previous generation. The headphone also comes with a 30% improvement in power consumption and improved transmission.
- Vivo TWS Earbud packs with the industry’s first dual-capacitance in-ear sensing technology which is more accurate and more power-efficient. It also features sliding adjustment volume and customizable touch operation. Combined with the voice-sounding function of the bone conduction detection algorithm, it can directly wake up Jovi with voice and realize advanced functions such as fast payment, WeChat broadcast, and real-time translation.
- Vivo TWS Earbud offers us 4 hours of music playback/3 hours calling and 20 hours extra juice with the case. QC 3.0 quick-charging tech provides us 2hours playback with only 15minutes charging.